Thursday, July 26, 2018

A day at the antique mall / Reasons why i love antiquing


Baby girl- all Carters // sandals



Sunglasses// chloe

shoes //Timberlands , pants // at kohls 



 shirt is OUT OF STOCK // some thing SIMILAR or this 

Today we dedicated the day to thrift shopping and antique mall, that's how we seriously spend some of our family time..hahah. In the beginning i never liked anything old, i just couldn't bring myself to see the beauty in it. when  i lived in Italy my mindset was always "if it's not new then its not good" ..don't blame me too much Italians don't do much antique shopping in fact i had never heard of a garage sale until i moved to the United States. However my husband was the one that introduced me this new hobby of mine, he thought me how to see the beauty in something old. He has always seen the beauty in things even when no one could and that's one of the best quality i love about him. Anyway these are reasons why i love antique shopping :
1) affordable - the price is right! there are cute things that just need cleaning to bring it back to life.
2) challenging - i love the challenge of refurbishing old items or trying to think of ways to make something look better without killing the original beauty.
3) unique - nothing says unique than an old decor.. you know what i mean lol
4) family time - some people love thrift shopping with their families ( like i do) brings family closer
5) you never know what you might find - somethings are best holding on to because they are rear. 
6) quality - old stuff are well made, socked in wonderful materials... i mean thing made now are crappy they never last (please let me know if am right)
7) fun - it is fun to dig through thing ..well not me in particular hahah that the hubby (he's probably going to kill me for saying this...lol) i like it when it arranged nicely.
8) Teachable moment - i take my kids with me so they can experience things, and i believe that as they grow they will begin to appreciate things.
Right now i can only come up with eight reasons maybe i would have more on my list someday, until then i will just enjoy the moment.
If any of you love antique / thrift shopping let me know and tell me what kind of things you like to look for when you go antique shopping.


XOXO


SHOP THIS POST



Share:

15 comments

  1. Love the colors of that top! Super summery

    ReplyDelete
  2. antiquing is one of my very favorite things to do too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that am not alone 😂 there’s something about it😊.thank you for the comment

      Delete
  3. such a cute top, love the bell sleeves!
    http://www.layersofchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh I love antiquing too! I find the most unique stuff there. Especially little boho trinkets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't been antiquing in so long and this post makes me miss it. I love how you can find unique pieces as such great prices. It's also so interesting to learn the story behind the pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should go back to it, you never know what you might find😊

      Delete
  6. What a fun top!! This sounds like a blast mama!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, I love antiquing! My fiancee and I just bought our first home, and there will definitely be some pieces coming from our local antique mall. I love that you can find unique pieces that no one else has...very similar to thrifting as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats! I know your home will be looking great once you find cool antique stuff to fill it with😊

      Delete
  8. antiquing is my very favorite activity! I do it all the time, and hardly ever leave a mall without some kind of treasure!!!

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Blogger Template Created by pipdig