Saturday, March 10, 2018

Boho 70's style: bell bottom and floral


courtesy of VOGUE Magazine.



The Bohemian style is a blend of folk and hippy bold geometric, floral and oriental motifs. This season is all about allowing room for modern lightweight, loose-fit garments, crochet, sexy cuts and even lace fabric and don’t forget the chunky jewelries and hats or head piece if you really want to go the extreme. On the more creative side you can add a fringe vest or light weight jacket (Kimono) to a simple jean short,hat and t-shirt.


Today it is obvious that my outfit was inspired by the 70’s. This years spring trend is all about bold patterns, bright colors and wide leg pants…which I live for, I mean common who doesn’t like a nice high waist pant with a little something on the bottom...right?! I can’t get enough, it’s my jam.  I live in those pants, I love to dress it up or dress it down depending on the occasion. With a simple floral pattern crop top (like I did) you can create a simple chic feel  and with it been high waist, you don’t need to worry about your belly button showing…(not my thing) and accessorize it with a simple choker, nude eye shadow to make your eyes brighter, matte lips like this and top it with a simple clutch purse and ….Voila!! you’re good and ready. I love  bold and simple because it is beautiful. As a mom I don’t always have the time to dress up, my kids keep me on my toes, so my go to is always simple and chic because it is quicker.

Flares are more dramatic, (reason why i love them) they stand on their own you can tuck when possible to give a more exciting look, use crop tops or oversize tops and maximize your flares’ leg-lengthening potential you need heels (like I did) you can’t quite see my shoes that’s because I am 5’5 on the petite side. Basically, make sure whatever’s sticking out from beneath your bells has an interesting toe. I can't scream it enough of how much I love bell bottoms because they are far more comfortable than skinny jeans, and slimming if you wear it correctly, it doesn't need a ton of effort, the right blouse may be all you need to get it right. For me this spring will be quite interesting because i have the opportunity to experiment with all the mix and match spring trends. Blow i have selected a few of my favorites, i hope you like it and leave any comments.have a beautiful weekend everyone.

Beaufille Resort 2018, Ellery Resort 2018, Khaite Resort 2018; Images: Courtesy

Lovely summer blouse




Not the best picture, i tried to change scenery...LOL

XOXO

My picks

  
  

  

SHOP POST


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Instagram

Blogger Template Created by pipdig